Smartlinx 3 Direct Debit Terms & Conditions
Date Effective: 1 September 2017
Conditions of Instruction to Accept Direct Debits
Smartlinx 3 wants to make sure that we provide you with the best possible service experience. If you are not happy with any aspect of the services we provide you we would like to hear from you so that we can quickly put things right.
- Smartlinx 3 Limited “The Initiator”
Smartlinx 3 will provide notice either:
- in writing; or
- by electronic mail where the Customer has provided prior written consent to the Initiator.
Smartlinx 3 has agreed to give advance Notice of the net amount of each Direct Debit and the due date of the debiting at least 5 calendar days (but not more than 1 calendar month) before the date when the Direct Debit will be initiated.
The advance notice will include the following message:
“Unless advice to the contrary is received from you at least two (2) working days prior to the direct debit date, the total amount due will be direct debited from your Bank Account on the direct debit date.”
Smartlinx 3 may, upon the relationship which gave rise to this Instruction being terminated, give notice to the Bank that no further Direct Debits are to be initiated under the Instruction. Upon receipt of such notice the Bank may terminate this Instruction as to future payments by notice in writing to Smartlinx 3.
- The Customer:
The Customer may:
- At any time, terminate this Instruction as to future payments by giving written (or by the means previously agreed in writing) notice of termination to the Bank and to the Initiator;
- Stop payment of any Direct Debit to be initiated under this Instruction by the Initiator by giving written notice to the Bank prior to the Direct Debit being paid by the Bank; or
- Request the Bank to reverse any Direct Debits initiated by the Initiator under the Instructions by debiting the amount of the Direct Debits back to the Initiator through the Initiator’s Bank where the Initiator cannot produce a copy of the Instructions and/or Confirmation to me/us that I/we are reasonably satisfied demonstrate that I/we have authorised my/our bank to accept Direct Debits from the Initiator against my/our account PROVIDED the request is made not more than 9 months from the date when the first Direct Debit was debited to my/our account by the Initiator under the Instructions.
- Customer Acknowledgement
The Customer acknowledges that:
- This Instruction will remain in full force and effect in respect of all Direct Debits passed to my/our account in good faith notwithstanding my/our death, bankruptcy or other revocation of this Instruction until actual notice of such event is received by the Bank;.
- In any event this Instruction is subject to any arrangement now or hereafter existing between me/us and the Bank in relation to my/our account;
- Any dispute as to the correctness or validity of an amount debited to my/our account shall not be the concern of the Bank except in so far as the Direct Debit has not been paid in accordance with this Instruction. Any other disputes lie between me/us and the Initiator;
- Where the Bank has used reasonable care and skill in acting in accordance with this Instruction, the Bank accepts no responsibility or liability in respect of:
- the accuracy of information about Direct Debits on Bank statements; and
- any variations between notices given by the Initiator and the amounts of Direct Debits.
- Neither Smartlinx 3 nor the Bank is responsible for, or under any liability in respect of the Initiator’s failure to give notice in accordance with clauses 1, nor for the non-receipt or late receipt of notice by me/us for any reason whatsoever. In any such situation the dispute lies between me/us and the Initiator.
- The Bank
The Bank may:
- In its absolute discretion conclusively determine the order of priority of payment by it of any monies pursuant to this or any other Instruction, cheque or draft properly signed by me/us and given to or drawn on the Bank;
- At any time terminate this Instruction as to future payments by notice in writing to me/us;
- Charge its current fees for this service in force from time to time;
- Upon receipt of an “authority to transfer form” signed by me/us from a bank to which my/our account has been transferred, transfer to that bank this Authority to Accept Direct Debits.